Case Study: Large Grocery Chain Successfully Migrates to SAP S/4HANA®
This 12,000-employee grocery retailer engaged with Rizing to migrate from SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) to the S/4HANA® platform. Part of that migration involved moving from on-premise hardware to the Azure cloud product.
The customer also wanted to migrate legacy finance data to S4 and provide an SAP implementation roadmap for the rest of the business.
Why SAP S/4HANA?
- Migrates customer before SAP ECC support ends in 2025
- Supports needs to simplify IT landscape
- Supports future data analytics needs
- Serves as a baseline to expand SAP S4 to other areas of customer’s business
- Conducted a readiness assessment / system sizing
- Performed custom code analysis and planned for required fixes in S4
- Leveraged SAP’s Software Update Manager (SUM) and Database Migration Option (DMO)
- Ran project using Rizing’s version of SAP Activate Methodology
- Conducted three mock cut-overs prior to final go-live cutover weekend
- Gained efficiencies in finance’s business processes
- Allowed availability of High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions (HA-DR)
- Improved performance via modern code and automated updates
- Improved availability of Fiori-based solutions
Rizing delivered this project:
“The client was extremely pleased with the level of professionalism, industry knowledge and partnership that was demonstrated throughout the project. Rizing’s involvement ensured a successful delivery on-time and within budget.”
Vice President, Professional Services
Rizing Consumer Industries