SAP System and Process Health Check
Current Situation (Customer):
Customer was looking to get the most out of their SAP EAM solution by proactively working with Rizing to look at every opportunity to improve an already acceptable working system.
Rizing executed it’s one-week system and process health check methodology along with the customer’s team.
The Health Check included:
1. Detailed SAP system review of:
a. Configuration (Enterprise Structure, MM, PM, Cross applications)
b. Master data (Flocs, equipment, work centers, prev. maint, materials and BOM’s)
c. Work management (notifications, orders and confirmations)
2. Interviews of all stakeholders who are part of the end to end work management process covering: (work identification, planning, scheduling, execution, completion and analysis)
3. Review of KPI’s
There were 93 system and process findings that represented short term, medium term and long term improvement opportunities.
Implementation Highlights and Challenges:
A follow on project was conducted that addressed many of the findings.
Significant improvements were realized in the following areas:
1. Spare parts management and consumption through a simple one step back-flushing process
2. Enhanced planning and managing open work
3. Simplified time confirmation process
4. Reliable approach to entering catalog codes
5. Assurance to capturing MTTR and MTBR