/N SPRO’s 5 Highlights of SAP’s Retail Forum 2015
Last week SAP held their annual Retail Forum at the Eden Roc in Miami Beach, FL. The Retail Forum is designed to bring retailers together to interact, network, and learn from their peers and leading industry experts across fashion, grocery, and hardline/general merchandise verticals. The focus at this year’s conference was how the digital journey is transforming retail, requiring you to rethink your operations and reimagine customer experience in order to Run Simple.
/N SPRO Retail wanted to share our five highlights with those of you who were not able to join us.
- Celebrity Keynote – This year the celebrity keynote was Jessica Alba (founder) and Brian Lee (CEO) of The Honest Company. The Honest Company was founded in 2012 and is known as a trusted resource for safe, effective, accessible and stylish non-toxic family and lifestyle goods. This idea came to life after Alba’s first child, Honor had an allergic reaction to a baby product. Jessica Alba then started to research products that were safe for her baby and realized the lack of information and products out there that are safe for children. After three years Jessica was able to find three business partners that would help her idea become a reality. Since the founding of the company in three short years the company is now valued at $1.7 billion dollars as of August 2015. Their current business only serves the US and Canadian markets with expansion plans for England, China, and Australia in the near future. Alba also shared with the audience that since starting the company, Brian Lee and her have worked in all departments of the Honest Company, answering customer service calls to packing orders to be shipped. Even though the Honest Company does not use SAP to assist in operational efforts they have managed to create a eco-friendly brand that offers products for everyone.
- SAP’s Fashion Management Solution – The Fashion Management Solution (FMS) is new to the game and not many people understand how this solution can operationally help them yet. /N SPRO’s Lee Alton and Wes Lowe were educating retailers on this new SAP solution at our demo pod this year. FMS provides retailers with a single, simple tool suite to manage vertically-integrated processes. One issue retailers have with their vertical companies is that they treat them as their own separate entity. This solution enables them to manage their business processes across one data system landscape. /N SPRO will be hosting a FMS webinar on December 11th, 2015 at 2:30 pm EST, to further educating retailers about the capabilities of this solution. Click here for more information.
- Partner Customer Dinner – This year /N SPRO’s Partner Dinner Event took place on the Venetian Lady yacht. Our customers, colleagues and friends had a chance to network while enjoying a delicious meal and cocktails during a cruise through the famous Biscayne Bay.
- Partner of the Year – /N SPRO was selected as the SAP Retail Excellence Partner of the Year. The Retail Excellence Awards recognizes the tremendous efforts and achievements of SAP customers and partners that have generated significant business results through the implementation of SAP for Retail Solutions. Partner of the Year distinguishes /N SPRO’s commitment to helping retail customers achieve significant bottom line results.
- Retail Excellence Retailer Awards – Several of /N SPRO’s customers also took home Awards for their tremendous achievements through the implementation of SAP Retail Solutions.
Brookshire Grocery Company won the SAP Innovation Award – Brookshire Grocery Company is a Texas based supermarket that prides themselves in customer service. They have implemented a customer loyalty program that has led them to a 97% customer loyalty rate.
Ulta Beauty won SAP Simplify to Run in a Networked Economy Award – Ulta is a chain of beauty stores in the United States. Ulta uses their customer loyalty program to track their customers’ interactions with their brand. Helping them to streamline their procurement of products they should be offering.
BJ’s and Loblaws tied for the Retail Excellence award – Bj’s Wholesale Club is a membership-only warehouse club chain and is currently operating on the East Coast of the US. Loblaws is a supermarket chain with over 2000 stores in Canada. Both companies have achieved positive business results by adopting cloud solutions and exemplifies vision and growth in IT across their business.
Overall, it was a great experience and we are looking forward to next year’s SAP Retail Forum.