SAP TechEd for the rest of us – your chance to learn for free
SAP TechEd has long been known as the place in the SAP ecosystem for developers to share knowledge and for all attendees to experience the latest innovations SAP will deliver. In this extraordinary year, SAP TechEd is open to all of us, virtually, on December 8-10, 2020. All you need is an SAP ID to register.
If you are as digitally exhausted as I am, you might not consider TechEd worth your time – especially if, like me, you are focused more on the business than the technology. Without digging into the weeds of technology too much, how can you, a business process expert, optimize SAP TechEd? Filter those 445+ sessions down to what matters to you. Follow me.
Don’t miss the TechEd keynotes
This is where you get leadership insights into SAP’s future direction. Open the Session Catalog. Filter on Session Type “Keynote” and add these to your schedule:
- Keynote: How SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) Empowers Developers. BTP – the latest acronym in SAP’s toolkit – brings four technology portfolios together to empower businesses.
- Keynote: Meeting Today’s Challenges and Tomorrow’s Opportunities with SAP Technology. Shameless plug: Rizing technical architect, Jholdel Cailan, will be one of SAP CTO Juergen Mueller’s guests discussing how SAP technology enables innovation – as Rizing has done with the development of Carbon, which simplifies project management with real-time integration between SAP and project portfolio software.
Update your SAP strategy
My top picks for setting a future technology plan:
- Taking Integration to the Next Level: Update on SAP’s Strategy – because integration is the cornerstone of a successful business and is an SAP top initiative.
- Every year, SAP’s technology roadmap takes some twists and turns in the interest of meeting customer needs. Filter the Session Catalog to “Road Map.” You’ll find the latest information
Inspire your talent
SAP TechEd features some leadership content aligned with the needs of our times. Here are my top picks.
- Set Talent into Motion with Emotion focuses on mindfulness and emotional intelligence with stories set to illustrate today’s workplace’s superpowers.
- Insights from Women in the Tech Sector features a panel of women sharing their own experiences.
Establish an SAP S/4HANA business case
Moving to SAP S/4HANA? Here are a few top picks:
- End-to-End Intelligent Business Processes with SAP S/4HANA will help establish your business case for SAP S/4HANA.
- Free Tools to support a move to SAP S/4HANA, delivered by a long-time customer advocate and SAP mentor, Tammy Powlas, will minimize risk.
Want to know more about SAP TechEd? Read the SAP Cheat Sheet Special Edition for SAP TechEd in 2020 by SAP technology advocate Denys van Kempen. His blog is an excellent guide to the TechEd, whether you’re a newbie or a TechEd alum.
Enjoy SAP TechEd from the comfort of your couch. Tech nerds and the rest of us mere mortals are all welcome.