Customer Activity Repository Applications Bundle
Providing retail businesses with support for reporting, analytics, and business planning.
Customer Activity Repository (CAR) is an application platform created specifically to provide retail businesses with support for reporting, analytics, and business planning.
With CAR, retailers can gain in-depth insight into customer behavior. With its shared data model, CAR allows retailers to plan, analyze, and forecast according to demand. Real-time inventory visibility coupled with advanced predictive algorithms enable retailers to immediately determine if an item is available for purchase, out of stock, or in-stock but not easily purchased.
CAR also bolsters retailer financial efficiency, collecting, storing, and auditing POS sales data that goes straight to the retailer’s financial applications. And with CAR’s Omnichannel Promotion and Pricing, retailers receive a consistent price calculation across sales channels, POS systems, and e-commerce platforms.
Customer Activity Repository Applications Bundle (CARAB) bundles CAR with applications that leverage CAR’s unique technologies and capabilities. The applications include:
- Promotion Management for Retail (PMR) – Plan promotions that support your goals, increase promotional sell-through to reduce stock on hand after the promotion, evaluate the effectiveness of past promotions and use that intelligence for in future planning
- Allocation Management – Support planning and execution of allocations for initial product distribution, seasonal distributions, seasonal fill, and promotional pushes
- Merchandise Planning – Enable various departments (finance, merchandising, purchasing, operations, etc.) to plan and measure to budget and profitability goals
- Assortment Planning – Match the breadth and depth of product assortments at stores to the sales and profitability goals of the organization to provide ideal product assortments
- Omnichannel Article Availability – Define fulfillment strategies for customer orders and use the near-real-time inventory visibility to select the best sources for those orders (warehouses, stores, vendors, etc.)
- Replenishment Planning – Define replenishment strategies for fresh items and then optimize replenishments based on those strategies
SAP CAR and CARAB provide a foundation that combines:
- A platform designed, developed, and optimized for the unique challenges presented by retail data
- Customer activity stored at the most granular level
- The in-memory, predictive power of SAP S/4HANA
This provides retailers with new, more timely insights into customer behavior. These applications are specifically designed to optimize the quality and timeliness of these insights.
Efficient storage, management, and utilization of very granular customer sales data
Predictive functionality designed and optimized to fully harness customer data
Real-time analytics and scalable transaction processing on the same platform, eliminating the need to aggregate and store data specifically for analysis
Automated integration with ERP and other systems of record
Built-in analytical reporting models. New, easy-to-create analytical models offer additional analysis scenarios
Data volume management utilities that allow data to be archived, purged, or moved to systems that provide storage of “cold” and “warm” data
Rizing is the ideal team to guide retailers through CAR implementation. We have implemented SAP CAR and its applications for many of the world’s leading retailers. Plus, our close relationship with the SAP Retail IBU provides Rizing insight into best practices and current and future CAR functionality.