SAP S/4HANA® ERP for Grocery Stores, Supermarkets, and Convenience Stores
Work smarter, work faster, and make your customers happier.
Why is the grocery industry turning to SAP S/4HANA Retail Cloud ERP?
Retail is hard enough. If it’s not a new competitor, a tight labor market, or supply chain issues, it’s a global pandemic knocking you off your stride. SAP S/4HANA can help you meet those challenges and deliver the tech-savvy experiences today’s consumer expects.
One platform for your entire grocery business
Keep pace with market demands and grow your business using an agile and scaleable real-time digital core.
Seamless omnichannel order fulfillment
Enable profitable delivery of customer orders in all sales channels with least cost or least time options.
Revamp in-store customer experiences
Improve in-store experiences and build customer loyalty with real-time visibility of inventory, customers, and sales data.
SAP S/4HANA has all the tools you need to run a successful grocery business
- Improve retail sales with with predictive customer demand analytics.
- Plan for customer demand with comprehensive merchandise and assortment planning processes.
- Build an omnichannel merchandising strategy by using a single master data management platform.
- Create a consistent customer experience focused on loyalty with omnichannel pricing and promotions.
- Improve decision-making with real-time advanced 360° reporting and analytics.
- Save time using automation for finance processes ranging from accounting to cost management.
- Improve governance, compliance, and transparency with processes centralized from multiple entities.
- Simplify processes, increase productivity, and reduce risk using a single, unified data model.
- Retain more sales through click and collect omnichannel store fulfillment options.
- Keep customers happy with real-time inventory visibility, product look ups, and enterprise access to stock movements.
- Grow your grocery business using a comprehensive ecosystem of applications like SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Work more efficiently using automated store processes to replenish stock, plan promotions, and set pricing.
- Stay on top of your store operations with consumer-grade user interfaces using role-based task launch pads.
- Use a single platform for supply chain planning including warehouse and transportation management, inventory management, omnichannel fulfillment, and logistics.
- Work closely with your partners and suppliers to meet demand from anywhere, instantly, and at the lowest cost.
- Match demand and supply better using live inventory management.
- React quickly with accelerated replenishment and available-to-promise features.
- Manage stock efficiently with segmentation and supply assignment functionalities.
- Enhance your decision-making and stay on top of your KPIs with real-time reports and insights.
- Safeguard your business from losses and minimize shrinkage by gaining a meaningful and actionable overview of your key financials.
- Get the data you need with role-based customized dashboards and reports.
- Gain a holistic understanding of customer interactions with your brand, make informed purchasing decisions, and deliver highly relevant customer offers.
- Improve your inventory management using retail insights to predict and meet inventory demand more effectively.
Empowering Grocery Retail with SAP S/4HANA
See how grocers can revolutionize the customer experience through streamlined processes, supply chain efficiencies, and embedded analytics with SAP S/4HANA® Retail.
Improve Your Retail Business
with Purpose-built Digital Transformation Tools
Use master data and inventory information data from SAP S/4HANA Retail ERP to get real-time customer and business insight in one location.
- Gain a 360-degree view of customer purchase history and demand in all channels.
- Leverage customer insights to personalize marketing.
- See a real-time view of on-shelf availability.
- Use demand forecasting to optimize shopper experiences.
- Simplify your IT landscape with a single data repository.
POS Data Transfer and Audit
Collect data from all sales channels spread across multiple siloed applications in diverse formats and use it to:
- Manage sales transactions and perform sales audits.
- Gain real-time insight into sales performance, revenue, and gross margin.
SAP Analytics Cloud
Combine analytics and planning with native integration to SAP S/4HANA ERP to improve your retail analytics.
- Drive agile decisions with integrated planning and analysis.
- Use SAP S/4HANA data to analyze store performance, calculate revenue generated by customers, see profits per location, and more.
Rizing’s LifeCycle Pricing (LCP) helps retailers make efficient, informed pricing decisions with an entire suite of retail pricing processes in one easy-to-reference location.
LCP is a comprehensive set of price rules that can automate price proposals for any price strategy or tactic.
- Set competitor strategies, capture competitor information, create automated competitive pricing proposals, and execute merchant pricing decisions.
- Make more informed decisions and measure the impact on sales, margin, and pricing with comprehensive data discovery.
SAP Omnichannel Article Availability
Ensure the most accurate product availability for your customers with real-time view into the latest availability of each item.
- Centralize inventory information from all sales channels.
- Use stock reservation for online shopping scenarios. E.g., articles in the shopping basket are temporarily reserved, available stock levels are reduced, and other customers see actual available stock. If a customer does not check out, the reserved products are released, and the available stock levels are adjusted.
- Use flexible strategies for sourcing.
SAP Omnichannel Promotion Pricing
Deliver consistent promotional pricing across all your sales channels.
- Enforce consistent promotional price calculations in all sales channels including social media storefronts, e-commerce sites, physical shops, and sales orders.
- Provide a consistent omnichannel experience in every customer interaction.
- Eliminate multiple price calculations in different sales applications which negatively affects customer satisfaction and loyalty.
SAP Allocation Management
Intuitive tools to help grocery retailers plan allocation to stores, eliminating labor-intensive work and minimizing the risk of lost sales.
- Enable optimal distribution of supply from suppliers to distribution centers to stores.
- Optimize allocation of products based on actual and planned availability, real-time demand forecast, KPIs, and more.
- Use fully automated in-season replenishment processes.
- Plan for promotional merchandise based on store inventory and capacity.
SAP Promotion Management
Plan optimal offers and promotions in all channels, including e-commerce, with multichannel promotional strategies.
- Complete management of promotions and offers inline with customer preferences and financial objectives.
- Single point of truth for promotion planning and control supporting advertising, marketing, merchandising, and administration.
- Helps analyze and execute consumer prices and promotional offers for each basket at any touch point.
SAP Merchandise Planning
All-inclusive planning based on industry-recommended processes, capable of handling huge quantities of data minimizes manual intervention and maximizes accuracy.
- Seamlessly integrates and streamlines financial, location-to-merchandise, and open-to-buy processes.
- Includes inventory management, purchase planning, and budgeting processes.
- Offers a centralized repository for all planning activities, enabling swift reconciliation of strategic merchandise plans.
- Reduces the need for manual effort that often accompanies spreadsheet-based planning.
SAP Assortment Planning
Helps retailers plan their merchandise across multiple stores by identifying top-performing products and optimizing assortments to maximize profitability.
- Make informed decisions to increase sales and profitability.
- Use data-driven planning in a variety of retail formats, with integration to merchandise planning budgets.
- Adapt to changing market conditions and respond to customer demands in real-time, while maintaining financial requirements.
- Decide which products to prioritize based on product rankings and KPIs.
SAP Replenishment Planning
Leverage intelligent automation to enable faster replenishment planning including fresh products while optimizing costs.
- Analyze and predict customer demand.
- Use automation to manage multilevel product replenishment at all levels in the supply chain.
- Integrate store-level apps for associates to execute store-based replenishment processes.
- Determine order quantities based on real-time inventory data.
- Reduce waste with cost-optimal ordering, including prediction of stock spoilage.
- Respond to changes in demand with same-day forecast and replenishment.
How Rizing Helps the Grocery and Supermarket Industry
SAP S/4HANA Transformation Assessment
Strategic expertise to develop a high-level roadmap and business case for your transition to the SAP S/4HANA Retail platform.
SAP Consulting & Implementation Services
Proven methodologies, assets, and project management capabilities result in tailored SAP solutions to support your digital transformation.
SAP Industry Consulting
Specialized consulting and valuable insights based on our industry knowledge and experience using SAP Retail solutions.
Organizational Change Management
Tailored services to help organizations get quick results by adapting to new processes in SAP S/4HANA.
SAP Application Managed Services
Comprehensive support for your SAP portfolio, ensuring long-term sustainability and continued program success.
Who is Rizing?
We are the go-to partner for SAP grocery and retail
years of SAP retail experience
retail customers globally
SAP S/4HANA ERP implementations
Why use Rizing for your grocery retail digital transformation?
- 100+ Retail Success Stories
Trusted SAP® Partner with the most extensive experience in SAP Retail industry solutions
- Award-winning SAP Partner
Proud recipient of the SAP Retail Excellence Award for Partner of the Year
- Global SAP Retail Implementation Expertise
We’ve completed SAP projects in over 50 countries and primed CAR implementations at Fortune 500 North American companies
- Trusted Retail Partner to SAP
Key Partner of the SAP Industry Business Unit, advising SAP and retailers about the SAP Retail software suite
- Complete Service Portfolio
We offer all the services you need to successfully implement SAP S/4HANA at your company
Frequently Asked Questions
SAP S/4HANA Retail has a comprehensive suite of features that can help grocers manage fresh products:
- Facilitate collaboration with vendors and suppliers to gain real-time information about inventory levels, demand, and delivery schedules, enabling better coordination and ensuring timely restocking of fresh products.
- Provide warnings and workflow to help store managers take proactive measures against delays or issues.
- Deliver traceability of fresh products from their source to the final sale.
Developing applications used to be time-consuming. With modern advancements like no code and low code development, achieving results is more efficient.
The SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform) provides flexibility for customization, tailored to specific aspects of the grocery business. It incorporates integration layers and database connectivity, streamlining application development without the need for extensive programming knowledge. The system offers seamless integration with non-SAP systems, enhancing the overall efficiency of grocery operations.
Whether a retailer operates supermarkets, convenience stores, hypermarkets, or other types of retail formats, SAP S/4HANA Retail can support and streamline their business processes.
Centralized management and control of various store locations allows retailers to efficiently manage inventory, pricing, promotions, and other critical aspects across their entire retail network. This ensures consistency in operations and a unified approach to customer service, regardless of the store format or location.