SAP Fiori Tips: Find the Underlying Bex Query and CDS View of a Fiori App
SAP Fiori can use a BEX Query as the source, based on a Transient provider. This Transient Info Provider is based on a CDS view. If you can find the underlying Bex Query and CDS view of an SAP Fiori app, that’s a good way to trace it back to the backend. As we’ll show, RSRT would provide useful information to find the underlying CDS view. This document will explain how to find the Bex Query, CDS view, and some important information from SAP Fiori Apps Library.
I am taking Journal Entry Analyzer (SAP S/4HANA) – Design Studio as an example. You can find the app in the SAP Fiori Apps Library. I am using SAP S/4HANA 1909 FPS02 version. Sample data looks like this:
How to Find the Underlying Bex Query and CDS View of a Fiori App
- Scroll down to configuration in the implementation info:
- Under configuration, scroll all the way down, and you would see the BEX query:
- Notice the 2C at the starting. This is a Transient provider. Copy the BEX Query tech name and logon to SAP S/4HANA, and go to RSRT T code.
- In RSRT, once you give the query tech name (and hit enter), click on Technical Information:
- Under Technical Information, you would find DDL Source, which is the CDS view Tech name. Notice the Data Targets 2CIFIGLLITMCUBE, which has TRPR. This is the Transient Info Provider.
- Take the DDL Source and go to ABAP Perspective in HANA Studio to find the CDS view definition: You can either go through the root package and find the CDS view, or an easier way is to push CNTL+SHIFT+A and paste the DDL here.
Find More SAP Tips
Now that you’ve gone through this step-by-step guide to find the underlying Bex Query and CDS View of a Fiori App, you can trace the origin of your Fiori Apps to backend development.
Looking for other advice on running SAP? We also have more tips on optimizing your SAP system for your organization’s needs, including How to Send an Email Alert when and XS Job Fails, New vs. Old ABAP Table Summarizing, and Dynamic Selection Screen with ALV IDA and Excel. Continue to follow Rizing for more SAP tips, and contact us for any questions about your SAP system.