Luxury Fashion House Unifies Global Operations with SAP S/4HANA® for Fashion
This global luxury fashion company is a leading designer and retailer of fashion accessories. It has three well-known brands which they sell through:
- Retail outlets
- Flagship stores
- Concession shops
- Department stores
- eCommerce websites
Locations include 55 countries on five continents, including Europe, Asia, and North America.
They focus on growth through acquisitions, so a core, central platform was integral.
The company wanted one SAP platform for a global, customer-first, intelligent enterprise experience. The goal was to standardize processes using SAP S/4HANA for fashion and vertical business in manufacturing, supply chain logistics, and finance.
Integrate the entire user experience by using a robust consumer database and analytical tools
Build a strong data infrastructure for faster integration of acquisitions and quicker access to shared information
Gain an omnichannel, customer-centric model to increase profitability, market products, and grow sales
- Lack of scalability: Current systems couldn’t scale in high-growth categories like footwear and outerwear
- Cost and time consumption: High costs and long timelines of mergers and acquisitions, including high-cost control models due to inconsistent configuration globally
- Lack of standardization: Customized solution had limited ability to simplify and reengineer processes
- Inconsistent processes: Employees in different locations were doing the same tasks differently with different tools
SAP S/4HANA Business Case
Powering Global Growth
SAP S/4HANA provided a future-proof platform accommodating the company’s planned growth. With SAP S/4HANA, the company can streamline data, improve customer centricity, and speed up innovation.
SAP S/4HANA helped transform the company’s data and improve analytics and collaboration.
SAP S/4HANA provided a real-time platform to deliver experiences designed to keep current customers, get new customers, and recover past customers.
SAP S/4HANA Fashion Project Strategy
Rizing worked with the client to design, build, and implement SAP S/4HANA for Fashion and Vertical Business in all locations. The implementation was multiphased. The pillars of the project included:
Accelerated the timeline by implementing retail and wholesale processes using default functionality, accelerators, and the attune Fashion Suite™
Single ERP Instance
Single SAP S/4HANA instance standardizes processes for all brands and locations
Develop Internal Talent
Built a center of excellence to manage the process and solution effectively
Faster Delivery of Core Processes
Faster implementation by delivering core capabilities (buy & sell products) at go live, followed by a phased deployment of advanced capabilities
Engage Stakeholders Through the Project Lifecycle
Embedded process engineers, change agents, and end users from design and delivery to adoption
SAP S/4HANA Fashion Solution Highlights
- One solution for core business processes
- Rizing delivered the supply chain capabilities in a multi-partner engagement
- Single SAP S/4HANA instance with POS and SAP CAR integration for greater visibility, productivity, and efficiency
- Adopted global industry standards and a robust foundation for faster integration of acquisitions
- Single tenant private cloud hosting for S/4HANA for compliant data security, greater infrastructure capacity, and cost flexibility
SAP S/4HANA Fashion Benefits
for Real-time Processes
Inventory checks, in-store pickup for online purchases, and product reservations by sales associates
Cross-Channel Inventory Management
Visibility of channel-specific inventory for cross-channel inventory consumption
Simplified cross-company transactions to support omnichannel and other distribution processes
Eliminated excess system and labor costs
Replaced seven ERP systems with one global platform to streamline processes and data across the company
Standardized Back-Office Operations
Integrated POS helps maintain common back-office operations
Sign up for an SAP S/4HANA Assessment
Learn how S/4HANA forms the digital core for your entire business.